RE: transformer

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-Compaq-dot-com>

Sure.  I'm building a small table-top coil powered by a 4kV/20mA NST,
and so far have 5" arcs.  The nice thing about the smaller NST's is that
they are un-potted.  The current limiting shunts are exposed and may be
easily removed.  I've yet to try this, but it promises to further boost
performance.

Gary Lau
MA, USA