Door knob caps

Original poster: "Tracy Fort by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <theforts-at-home-dot-com>

OK   forgive the ignorance as I know this is a newbie question for
sure...I'm attempting the construction of my first coil and the particular
directions that I'm using call for 3 door knob caps wired in parallel for a
total capacitance of 1500 Pico farads. These are 15kv caps. In the
directions it says not to worry about the capacitance too much. My question
is this: How much can   I vary from that capacitance? I have found some 50pf
caps at 15kv. Can I use these caps? Do I need to add caps to get the
capacitance up around 400 pf? Or can I run less capacitance say around 200
pf?

Any help would be appreciated,

Tracy