RE: More on X-ray transformer

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Weazle

I remember from an earlier post that you intend to use the transformer for a
Jacob's ladder. You should not attempt to run the ladder with DC output.
Most likely this will exceed the current carrying capacity of the rectifier
with its resulting destruction. I don't know what rectifying outfit you
have, but you should convert the output to AC. If the rectifier consist of
diode sticks contained in the transformer tank, you can remove them and
reconnect the cut leads to the HV ports. Even if you stay within the current
limitation of the rectifier, arcing DC output will produce RF signals which
will degenerate the rectifier. You can always put the rectifier back in
place for DC experiments.

Godfrey Loudner