Re: Toroidless Tesla Coil Schematic Scan (inductor question)

Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Ray, All.   Well, this was a kind of built up and layered Tesla coil.
What seemed to work in the first batch of coils was applied to the latest
batch and so on and so on.  All I can say is that the combination of the
home wound "reactor chokes" and home wound "ferrite donuts" in series
seems to protect my modified neons, that should be reason enough to use
them!  I say that becuase the coil can be run for extreme extended
periods with this setup.  But possibly the two home wound inductors in
combination with the specs of the rest of the coil is what allows me to
get equally sized arc output regardless of the topload upon the
secondary.  That is what I am trying to find out.  Al.