Doubling transformer

Original poster: "Michael by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mfraylich-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi, I am in tending to use two MOT's (Microwave Oven transformers) at 2000W, to
power my coil, the output of each is about 2kV at 1A (1000uA). I am putting
them in series so I get a total output of 4kV at 1A. This is quite a low
voltage for a coil so i want too make a doubling transformer to get 8kV at
500uA. Could you tell me if a single core transformer, or a toroidial
transformer will be best, and what rating wire I should use.

Thanx

Mike F