Re: Cap/SG config

Hi,

I have some data on this at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/primarycircuits/pricir.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rcfilter/rcfilter.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/rlcfilter/rlcfilter.html

Conclusion: The experiment shows that when the transformer is placed across
the primary capacitor, it will experience very heavy current oscillations
and significant voltage oscillations. When the transformer is place across
the spark gap, the voltage simply drops to zero and there is a single
current spike, which also simply drops to zero. A transformer is placed at
great risk when it is connected across the primary capacitor. This supports
the common assumptions and observations.

Cheers,

	Terry