Re: Cap/SG config

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Matt, All!

>I am having some trouble with my coil. I was wondering if it was
related to
>the way the spark gap and the capacitor are placed. I have seen
countless
>schematics of Tesla coil primary circuits. Some of them had the
capacitor
>in-line with the HV xrfrmr and others had the spark gap. Is there a
bigger
>"bang" with one of those configurations? Could use a little help
here.

This is a subject which reappears from time to time, but the consensus
seems to be that it makes no difference to the output.  Why not post
some details of your coil and the problem(s) to the list, there's
bound to be someone with a few ideas as to what could be wrong?

Dunckx
Geek#1113 G-1