Re: Frequecy counter, measuring 2ndary output

One of the optical tachometers designed for measuring model airplane engine
speeds might work nicely for this.  6000 RPM = 200 Hz with a 2 blade prop.

There ARE such things as pulsed RF counters, and while an oscilloscope
might be a better way to measure a TC, if you have access to a fancy
counter (or one where the gate can be triggered off the power line, for
instance).  Even an old HP 5325 could probably be pressed into service...
Feed a LV 60 Hz AC signal into one input to use as a trigger for the gate,
set the gate time appropriately... Or measure period...

All that aside, probably the cheapest way is to get the $50 ProbeScope
(220-0310) from Radio Shack (if they still have them).  For measuring
frequency and generalized measurements, you aren't looking for phenomenal
accuracy and the limited resolution (8 bits I think) and capture length
(256 or 512, or maybe even bigger) might fill the need quite nicely.