Picture of 8.5" Run Last Weekend and Greg Leyh's Coil

Original poster: "Kevin Ottalini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ottalini-at-mindspring-dot-com>

All:
    Although I was sick as a dog last weekend, Ross Overstreet and I managed to
get my
8.5" DC driven coil running at 1.5kw and for a short time at 2kw (I kept
popping the breakers).

The coil was somewhat poorly tuned as I just put on my new 24" toroid ... for
comparison
purposes, the secondary (before topload) is ~54" tall.

Ross took digital movies with my little Sanyo digital camera (which worked OK)
and
I extracted a couple of the best frames.  Unfortunately, the movies are in
quicktime
format and are too large to put on the website (6mb to 9mb).

We also made a trip to visit Greg Leyh (thanks, Greg!) and got a few pics of
his 12 foot
coil.  Unfortunately it was waiting on repairs so he couldn't run it for us ...
next time perhaps.

Here are a couple of frames from the Movies:
<ftp://ftp.mindspring-dot-com/users/ottalini/highvoltage/halopics/halo6a.jpg>ft
p://ftp.mindspring-dot-com/users/ottalini/highvoltage/halopics/halo6a.jpg
ftp://ftp.mindspring-dot-com/users/ottalini/highvoltage/halopics/halo3b.jpg

Greg's great coil and huge topload:
<ftp://ftp.mindspring-dot-com/users/ottalini/highvoltage/Greg%20Leyh/gl_coil1b.
jpg>ftp://ftp.mindspring-dot-com/users/ottalini/highvoltage/Greg%20Leyh/gl_coil1
b.jpg

There are other pics there too, so feel free to browse around.

Perhaps Terry might temporarily store one or two of the better movies on his
system
if anyone is interested.  The acoustics from the ASRG are something else.

Best,
    Kevin