Re: what happens if i use a marx cap arrangement on a TC?

Hi Chris,
          Marx bank caps needn't take a long time to charge. You can
use chokes in place of the resistors and it's *possible* you may be
able to tailor the L's and C's to effect resonant charging (whose
output = banga banga banga......). I built two small Marx banks which
used this principle. Multi-section pulse caps might not be the best
animals to use for this unless there is an internal resistor chain to
prevent DC imbalances due to leakage currents and capacitance
differences between sections.
     There is a modified circuit which would be suitable for driving
TCs which a couple of us thought of independently a few years ago but
I don't have the details handy or the time to post them today.

Regards,
malcolm