Re: what happens if i use a marx cap arrangement on a TC?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

It's workable. I used the marx configuration as a
voltage doubler, and it worked OK.  My goal was to
boost the 4500VAC from a pair of MOTs up to 9000VAC
using only a single marx stage.  It made very nice
sparks for a little while--then my MMC released it's
smoke.  If you are planning to use a high current
source as I did, you need very robust caps!

My marx coil was an experiment.  I can't honestly say
I built a practical marx/tesla coil--only that I
proved to myself that the scheme is technically
feasible.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg