Re: Receiver coil

Original poster: "Scott Fulks by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <darkthing-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Kelek wrote:

> I have built a 12kva coil with a six foot secondary
> that draws 15 foot arcs.  Now I would like to build a
> receiver coil in the tradition of Tesla's original
> intent of wireless transmission of power.

If you are looking for the secrets of *efficient* wireless transmission via
tesla coil, you'll have to discover them yourself.  If Tesla knew how do it,
he apparently didn't write it down.

In regards to receiving energy from your coil, with a big coil like that
just about any conductor in the same room will pick up a charge!  If you
want a more impressive demonstration than just lighting up fluorescent tubes
near the coil, I've heard that you can build an exact duplicate of your
secondary to act as a resonant receiver.  Just ground the bottom and it
should start to resonate and throw off streamers of its own.  It  needs to
have the same dimensions, wire size, turns, toroid, etc. to resonate at the
same frequency as the secondary.

Regards,
Scott Fulks (darkthing-at-earthlink-dot-net)