Re: Small number of turns in primary

Original poster: "Bob simms by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fsimms-at-ghg-dot-net>

That is the correct link. It is the link Carlos posted.  He may be
temporally down. If it is not back up then I will post it to my own website
and give you the link.

Bob

PS. I have more accurate information on Jay's coil. It has a 4' toroid and
the 4 turns in the primary are at 4" spacing and is an average of 17.75"
diameter.  The spark gap was pressurized to 30 psi and had a 3/8" to 1/2"
gap in an argon and sulfur hexaflouride mixture.  His coil arced between the
primary and the secondary coils until he had to quit using it. Lucky he got
the experiment finished before he lost the coil.  Jay said the arcing was
because he was using the .6 coupling. With a bigger coil he could get the
coupling without the arcing.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- > Me too. I got the site this morning. But when
I tried to download later, the