Re: The Sigma-6 Coil-Magnifier?

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Malcom,
The secondary will produce steamers as usual. It needs to be shorter and
possibly fatter to allow for the higher magnetic coupling needed. Now, the
part that really determines the streamer length is the tertiary coil. I
belive that the resonant frequency has to be a multiple of the secondary's
frequency for maximum output. It will produce longer streamers due to the
extra tertiary coil. I have read several articles, none which I can refer to
you offhand, that has fact to support this. I think one thing they said was
that it does not as strong magnetic fields to reach the upper part of the
secondary. (remember, the tertiary is not coupled to the primary. It is
attached to the secondary via a "transmission" line.)