Re: primary tap construction

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

One minor problem I noticed with my primary tap is
that on extended 5-6 kVA runs with lots of primary
strikes, the tap gets really HOT. It actually
discolored the copper under the tap. You can see this
on the bottom picture at
http://www.geocities-dot-com/yurtle_t/tesla/index.htm
If you look at the primary tap, which is located
behind and just to the right of my secondary, you'll
see a bright flash. This isn't a momentary event, but
is a fairly constant flash. I believe it only occurs
during a primary strike. However, once a primary
strike occurs, it won't stop by itself. I either let
it rip, or turn it off then on again.

Sorry to have rambled on, but the fuse tap works great
on my coil, up to around 3kVA. Above that, it probably
would work fine if you could control the primary
strikes.

Adam

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
> Atlanta coiler Adam Minchey showed me a pretty neat
> trick.  He uses a buss fuse holder as a primary
> clip.
> It is just the right size and tension to snap over
> 1/4" copper tube.

=====
Adam Minchey
yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com