Re: primary tap construction

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

> I can't seem to figure out a way to build a good solid primary tap
> connection that isn't so bulky as to nearly short the 1/4" gap between
> turns.  How heavy does the tap need to be?  It seems silly (to my
> limited intuition - this is my first coil) to have some skimpy clip
> device on such a heavy coil (1/4" tubing).  Also, how heavy should the
> wire that leads to the tap be?  If possible, would it be OK to just use
> 1/4" copper tubing for the whole circuit, i.e. primary to cap, cap to
> spark gap, and spark gap to primary tap, all the same 1/4" tubing?
>
>         Thanks,
>         Bill

Hi Bill...

I use a medium sized battery charger clamp slightly modified on my coil (
30KV primary volts -at-
20KVA).

goto HTTP://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

and look under bigpig pictures to view the setup

Scot D