Re: polycrylic

Original poster: "teri mckenney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mck-at-ezy-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: polycrylic

<FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

> I use a material called Tripp Carver Poly on my secondaries.  It's a
> type of water based polyurethane.  I've had good results with it,
> although it's possible it absorbs some moisture maybe?  Perhaps
> the stuff you bought is water based also, it should say on the can.
>
> John Freau

John,all,
Water based will absorb about the same as an evaporated finish(shellac,
laquer)The curing of water-based finishes mixes the
crosslinked(varnish,polyurethane,catylized finishes ) and evaporative
finishes.They're basically small droplets of partially cured finish( imagine
soccer balls of resin) As the water and solvent evaporate the balls come
together and coalesce.Water can't get thru the balls but it can get between
them.I'm gonna try pre-catalyzed laquer.
Billy