RE: Primary dummy-loading

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Thank you All who have made suggestions on this topic.

My goal is to examine the 60/120 Hz charging timing and voltages on my
sync RSG.  I'm not at all interested at this point how the gap quenches,
so I think a purely resistive load will serve my purpose.  I'm going to
follow Richie's suggestion and try a pair of series-connected 500W
halogen lamps in place of my primary.  This _should_ allow for a visual
indication of optimal SRSG phase.  I'll report my results.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA