Questions about current

Original poster: "Matt S. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <matt777777-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,
I have a couple of questions I was wondering if someone could possibly
answer for me.
(I am in the process of launching off my first coil and am hoping to learn
as much as possible as I go).
I am fully aware of the basic nature of these questions an appreciate any
indulgence.

1.  Is there any current 'lost' to corona?

2.  I understand that an NST is current limited.  Is it also a constant
current kind of thing  -  i.e. when I'm only putting 80 volts to my 12/60
NST, is it still supplying 60 ma?

3.  Is it out of the question to toss an old common analog current  meter in
the output of my NST (before powering it up that is)-- (I'm trying to grasp
the nature/% of the voltage drop across the internal components of the meter
in relation to the nst/gap circuit... .......and probably missing some key
point).

Thanks,
Matt.