Re: motor start/run windings??

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi David,

I doubt it's synchronous. Probably AC 1750 or 1725 rpm (hot, neutral, earth
ground). Do some tests
on it. Check the housing agains each of the wires. You'll probably find
one. That should be earth
ground. The other two will be AC lines. Probably wired for 240VAC. I use
one of these for my spark
gap motor, however, it's wired up for 120VAC and I modified (via 4 flats
cut into the rotor) for
1800 rpm sync.

Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>