Re: Synchronize to your RSG (was Re: RATs)

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi All,

Need an inductive sensor? see below:

> > I think you are talking about those capacitive sensors?
>
> There are also magnetic, inductive and photo proximity sensors. I guess
> I would go for an inductive proximity sensor: they sell for about $40 on
> the Farnell book. They are available with PNP or NPN type output, AC or
> DC feed (e.g. Honeywell).

I have quite a few inductive proximity sensors.

I don't mind letting a few get away. Say, $10 including shipping
(international? I'll have to figure that one
out as required). These sensors could easily be thrown in a padded envelope
and mailed. I'll need to know the
switching frequency you require to see if I have anything in your range.
These are 3 wire devices (ground, Vdc,
sense line) fully threaded along the length of the sensor for adjustment of
sensing range. Diameters vary from
3/8" to 5/8" and length varies from 1" to 3". (typically 10-30VDC, 200mA,
5mm SR, 100 - 400 Hz and 100 - 2000 Hz
switching frequency types).

Basically, any metallic object which passes over the sensing surface within
the sensing range will trigger the
sensor.

 If anyone is interested, email me **off list** at tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net.

Take care,
Bart Anderson