RE: Conical secondaries

Original poster: "Stolz, Mark by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mark.Stolz-at-st-systems-dot-com>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
><A123X-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>Does any one know anything about conical secondaries? I'm asuming there was
>some point in Tesla making them.

I don't know much either, but I have seen the Tesla Coil at the Griffith
Observatory in Los Angeles and it uses a conical secondary.  It was rather
impressive, throwing 6' arcs with only 231 turns on the secondary.  Here's a
link with more info about it.
http://www.griffithobs-dot-org/exhibits/Tesla%20Coil%20Exhibit/tcoil.html

Mark