ballast bobbin...again

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey all!

I have a quick question. In my search for a suitable bobbin material, I am
wondering how close the wire need to be from the core. I assume that right on
the core is the best, but can I wind on PVC pipe and put the core inside? It
is a straight core. I could actually get some more steel and completely pack
the pvc inside so it would be a more or less round cross section.. any help
would be appreciated! :)

THanks!

Chris W