Re: triggered gaps

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Marc,

You should really put an AC motor cap in series with
your hot line to limit the current to the ignition
coil.  When I was a teen I ran one "unlimited" mode
from 120vac using only a dimmer.  It did a fine job
powering my crude little Tesla coils too...until I
boiled the dielectric one day and sprayed hot oil all
over!  I was lucky.  I could have been badly scalded
or even started a house fire.  As it turned out, I was
able to sneak some cleaning supplies into my room and
clean up the evidence without getting caught.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg