Multilayer Oudine coil

Original poster: "mazzilli vladimiro by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Hi All,
There were a lot of discussions about the difference between an Oudin
coil and a TC, and we now know well that the scope of study were
different: one based on D'Arsonval target the other on Tesla plans that
were much different.
Further we know that the electrical schematics is different, in oudine
coil the primary winding is not insulated from the secondary one. The
level of power and the methode to generate the tuned primary
oscillations are different, Oudin used kick coil frequently to make a
type of spark gap at low level of primary voltage and the use was
principally for medical srtumentation (diathermic machine).
But the old article that frequently appear on list extract from an old
Scientific American rewiew known as "An inexpensive X ray machine" tell
of a coil called Oudin, excited only by 120vac mains with a kick coil to
interrupt the current and closing to generate primary oscillations, and
connected primary-secondary coil, air core,tilayer but the strange fact
is that the secondary is a multilayer coil of 5000 turns on several
layer (tesla coil are only single layer secondary, if not will be an
enormous burning) and I'm not sure that the primary and the secondary
resonant frequencies are tuned (primary capacitor 1uF).
Someone knows other circuits like this?

Cheers

V.Mazzilli