Re: Switch

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Joseph

I just bought a 40A, 2pole, 600V contactor with 120VAC coil from
local electrical supply house (Arrow Hart sealed contactor) for $20.80
including
tax.  Perfect for a medium sized (5 - 7kVA) machine.  They are used for
contactors in HVAC and general purpose applications.  Arrow Hart also makes
a 3P version.  The other nice thing, this contactor is very compact, about
4" x 3" x 3" and has mechanical lugs as well as 1/4" quick connect spades for
power poles and 1/4" quick connects for coil connections.  Base is metal, not
cheap bakelite.  Excellent value for the buck IMO.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA