Re: a good topload...Electrodes

Original poster: "Area31 Research Facility by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rwstephens-at-hurontario-dot-net>

Terry,

I suspect that you will have a breakout problem with the top of the winding.
Even if you put a corona control doughnut between the top winding and the 20"
sphere, it will have a ROC significantly smaller than the sphere and may still
be the source of breakout.  These spheres do look good.  A pair would probably
make a great laboratory measuring gap for a well equipped amateur lab.  Let us
know how you make out.  The price certainly isn't bad.

Wasn't it Garry Weaver who had obtained a nice big SS sphere from a cryogenic
dewar and used it successfully on a coil?  Perhaps he would care to add to this
discussion.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility