Re: Rewinding BIG transformer

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Hello,
>
>Yesterday I got back from a state surplus auction that had equipment from
>around lower Michigan.

Where at? Are you local to Kalamazoo?

I managed to score a huge transformer for cheap (50
>bucks!) there too. The transformer as it sits is good for stepping 2400
>delta
>down to 480 delta at 112.5 KVA (no thats not a typo). This thing is huge!

Snipp:

Ok, we have access to over a half dozen of these, they have to be about 5'
tall and the usual Barrell shape. BIG ratings, possible PCB. Is it simply a
matter of picking the core and puuling off a specific number of primary
windings? If so this would be REALLY cool and we just got the pigs for the
Avalon coil :)

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group