Re: Cheap Salt Water Cap (fwd)

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hey guys, i need plans for a Capacitor,that I can build for 5 bucks with
>various stuff around the house... However you have to have tried it and
>it worked.. I need something to take power from a 13,000 volt NST...Any
>ideas...(i like periods)

hmmmmmm that's a challenge. If your house is anything like mine it can be
done....but "Normal" people don't have the things that most of us have
laying about the house. Let's see......

1. Try a party-cup-cap. They only require some HDPE cups and someting to put
them in.

Look around you house for the following.

Dialectric:
Beer Bottles
Mason Jars
Plate Glass

Cap Containers:
An old aquarium
A plastic Bucket
Tupperware Containers (big ones)

Corona Suppression:

Motor Oil
Castor Oil
Mazola Oil
Vegetable Oil

Conductors:

Wire Coat Hangars
Scrap Wire
Nomex Wire
Aluminum Foil

Electrolytes:

Table Salt
Epsom Salt
Pedialyte (VERY expensive, but I hear it works....waste of money though)
Almost ANY type of Salt will work.
Even tap water (Especially well water) WILL work....just poorly.

Don't even THINK of using a Pringle's Can, they are conductive.

Get creative. Neccesity is a mother, but you'd be amazed what people come up
with.

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group