RE: Motor run caps

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Do NOT use these All Electronics caps for PFC use!!

I fell for this too and bought them.  These are motor START caps,
electrolytics.  I should have known by the loose tolerance "30-36 MFD"
rating.  They will heat up and smoke if used for continuous PFC duty.  About
a year ago their catalog described them as polypropylene caps.  After I
returned them and told them that this was incorrect, they changed their
catalog.

You want motor RUN caps.  Excellent bargains on run caps may be had at
http://www.usamfg-dot-net.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ray Robidoux by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <robidoux-at-basystems-dot-com>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I found some 30uf 330v caps at all electronics, priced
> at 10 for $20.00 or $2.50 a piece. 3 of those will bring
> you close. http://allcorp-dot-com page 67 of their catalog.
>
> Ray.

Comment:

	This is a good outfit and I have had excellent experience with them.

Good prices, good delivery.

Ed