Re: Triggered spark gaps for coils

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

And this is exactly what Fruengel shows in his book.  A modified air blast
gap with an annular trigger electrode around the anode.  most of the air
flows into a cylinder around the gap and then out through a hole in the
cathode.  Some more air fows along side the anode pin, through the annular
gap and into the main spark gap.