Re: braided secondaries???

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

> Hello list.
> I found some neat-o wire today...
> Is 3 strands of 40 awg mag wire braided.
>
> its like they took 3 strands and braided, then did the same with the other,
> then another, then braided them all together.  It comes out to be around 23
> awg streached.
>
> If you wound a secondary with this thing, would you get the equivalent of
> having 9 coils, or just one really strange coil...?
>
> Ive got about 5# of the stuff, but no use unless it can be something
> else....
> What was it used for originally??
>
> Any guesses?
>
> Thanks

> Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!
> http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com

	One single secondary, and probably of no more Q than a coil wound with
solid wire of the same winding factor.  A number of years ago I made a
small coil (5.25" diameter by 18" long) with Litz wire, and was very
disappointed.

Ed