Re: 1 farad capacitor

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:14:41 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<VGREAT-at-aol-dot-com>

>hey guys, while cleaning out our stockroom i came across these boxes of
>capacitors, how or why we got em I dont know but when you parrellel up one
>case of caps 60,000uf-at-50v (each) you get 1.44farads of capacitance and at 50v
>that will give 1000joules or so.  we have 4 cases (24ea.) they wouldnt be
>much good for a tesla coil, but I'll bet you could make a smashing can
>crusher out of them.  if you are interested, e-mail me with an offer for all
>or part
Voltage is probably way too low for can crushing
>We also have a few 0.01uf 25,000v pulse caps, and some 1 to 2 henry charge
>chokes,
...now what I would like to try is connecting the 1.44F cap and the 2H
choke in a tuned circuit and watch that current oscillating so
slowly...!