SSTC spark pictures

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi guys,

I have sent some pictures of my Solid State Tesla Coil which should be
at Terry's site now:

Low power operation showing three different spark characteristics,

	http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/rbsstc1.jpg

Half-wave pulsed mode showing sword shaped sparks with a difference ;-)
(Sorry,  I couldn't resist this one.)

	http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/falsecol.jpg

It is interesting to hear that Ken Herrick's solid state coil gave similar
spark lengths with and without a breakout point.  I see this behaviour
too.  The addition of a breakout point reduces the stresses on the driver
and reduces the peak voltage considerably,  but it is strange that it
doesn't make the sparks much shorter.   Maybe the ROC and breakout
potential isn't so important for SSTC's ???

Some details of my Solid State coil work can be seen on the web page at:

	http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/r.e.burnett/sstate.html

							Cheers,

							-Richie,
							(Newcastle, UK)