big tube coils

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi All,
    Picked up some "interesting" bits the other day. A 3-1000z tube
complete with filament transformer and a 3cx3000A7 ceramic tube. I also
got the relevant filament transformers and all the bits that looked
useful, like the chokes on the filament windings and various hv caps in
including some variable vacuum caps ect. I left the transformer as it
was three phase 208 volts and I am on 240 v single phase or 415 phase to
phase. As the Max. plate voltage is "only" 6 kv I will use MOT's for the
plate supply. Any of you big tube coilers want to help me design a  coil
around this lot I would be grateful. I now have a combined tube power of
25 KW sitting on top of my PC at the moment. I looks really impressive.
Now if I get that 5 megawatt thyratron my mate has under his bench at
work....

cheers
bob golding