Re: Ganging 1256D's

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Richard,

You want to connect them in parallel. You can then switch the input to
either a 120 or 240 volt source depending upon the maximum output
voltage desired. That way, you'll get 2X the current capacity at either
voltage.

Although you can probably live without it, a center-tapped high current
balancing choke can be used to prevent circulating currents from
flowing  between the two variac outputs in case there's a slight voltage
imbalance between them.

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>