Autopsy of a Secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <stanmoore-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Disassembled my secondary today in preparation for making one with more turns
and found part of my problem.  There was internal tracking on the PCV from the
bottom of the form up about half way where it penetrated the wall.  Seems the
arcing initiated at the point where I connected the bottom of the secondary
winding to my 12 gauge speaker wire that runs to the ground.

What methods are folks using the aviod this problem?  Seems the sharp wire was
the point of arc development.  Specifically, how are folks making the
transistion from the fine secondary wire (28AWG in my case) to the ground?

Thanks,

Stan