Re: Modular Secondary

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Speaking of efficiency:

On 10 Mar 01, at 18:20, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

<snip>
> Perhaps Richie (being possibly our northernmost correspondent in the
> UK) would like to invite the authors of this paper to see a _really_
> efficient coil.

I've recently been in touch with Mark Barton and informed him of the
THOR project (he's been out of the loop for ages now). He responded
by telling me that he and friend achieved 2' from 100W average
wallplug draw by operating their MOSFET driven coil in pulsed CW mode
(high peak power - 8kW+ and low duty cycle).

FYI.
Malcolm