Who is right?

Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

I hate to ask this, but...

I was browsing through some old books at a used book store recently
(yesterday) and i came accross a book devoted to the study of capacitors.
It states that when stringing capacitors, in serial or in parallel, only
the capacitance rateing changes, not the voltage rateing.  I cross
referenced with a newer book, and it states that Both the capacitance and
voltage ratings change in proportion to the number of capacitors connected.
So...
Who is right?  I'm tempted to stick with the newer book, but i'd just like
to double check...

Thanks

http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com