Re: chokes

Hi Jason,

You want to set the safety gaps so they just barely do not fire at your
full rated transformer output voltage.  Simply hook your transformer across
the gaps with nothing else in the circuit.  Then the voltage will just be
the transformer voltage.  You can then fiddle with the gaps to find the
point were they just do not fire.  Of course, be careful of the high
voltage.  Test it, unplug it, and only work on it when the circuit is
completely unpowered...

Since the exact distance varies with the shape, temperature, humidity,
altitude, etc.  It is a little hard to just come up with a set distance to use.

Cheers,

	Terry