RSG Phase Adjustment

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <stanmoore-at-mindspring-dot-com>

What is the process for finding the "sweet" spot when adjusting a SRSG phase,
and what role does this phase adjustment have in the overall tuning of a TC?

I have modified a 1/20 HP 1725 rpm motor to run at 1800 rpm.  I have four
rotating electrodes on a G10 disk.  What does one look for when adjusting
phase?  Is it something that can be done without test equipment?  Other than
say sight or sound?

Thanks,

Stan