new rotary and cap problem

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi All,
    Did some more tests with the rotary tonight, and blew another cap. I
set the cap bank up were I could get a good view of what was going on
and started the coil up. all was well until I got down to  200 bps. I
noticed that the caps were starting to flash over. One bank suffered a
failure in the middle of the string again. Time to make the strings
longer I think. I will go for twenty  per string and report back. For
those that don't know the transformer is 8.2KVC -at-250Ma. I was using 10
strings of 10 Arcotronics 0.047 1500 volt caps. They have been working
fine for months with the static gap. I am guessing over voltage is the
cause.

cheers
bob golding