RE: Sync. modification to shaded- pole motors

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Kevin

SNIP
>  It would be interesting to know if anyone has modified a "C frame"
>shaded pole motor which run 3450 RPM unloaded into synchronous operation.
> These motors are found literally everywhere.

>Kevin E.

I tried it. It would sync OK but not enough torque to sin any usable disk.
The motor had a 1/2" stack.
I would think a motor with a 1" to 1 1/4" stack would work with a small dia.
thin disk, perhaps PCB material.
I have a motor with 1 1/4" stack, but it is in use. If I find one that is
not being used, I will try it out as I am curious to see myself. Something
like that could be used on my medicine coil.

later

deano