Re: Small coil frequency sweeps - 3

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> Series...  Should I do it in the parrallel case?
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Terry

	No, series should be the way to go for a wide-band sweep, PROVIDED your
generator source resistance is much lower than the total effective
series resistance of the rest of the circuit. Really puzzled at the rise
in current at the high frequency in your tests, as maximum current
should occur at resonance, and as you go up in frequency the reactance
of the primary inductance should cause the current to fall off.

	Did you monitor the generator voltage for flatness?

Ed