Multiple Questions

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

Over the past two years I have had quite a few questions about tesla coils but
was unable to confirm/deny any information 100%. While I do not think I ever
will be able to, tapping the minds of everyone on this list will certinally get
me somewhere.
Questions

1) Does the thickness of the wall in the secondary form affect anything? if yes
then what and how. (my secondary uses irrigation pipe - very thick walled,
about 1/2 inch pvc)

2) Is 85$ for a Maxwell Pulse Capacitor rated at 35kVDC, .030 uF +/- 10%, ~2uH
E.S.L a good deal

3) How do you find/become aware of/go to an auction for a power company? (heard
they did that)

4) Where do you find the disc, electrodes, and shaft for a RSG

5) Is it acurate to say that you should have no more than 800 turns on a
secondary.

6) What are the advantages/disadvantages to each type of primary coil. (this
one will bring lots of discussion)

7) What are good prices for NST

8) Is it worth it to use more than 2 NST's to try and acheive higher current at
a much lower voltage?

9) I have run my previous coils for less than 30 seconds at a time, many people
have horror stories of things breaking, how long do you usually have to run a
coil to mess up a NST? (medium sized coil, average components)

10) People have referecend neon sign shops many times on websites as being good
places to find NSTs cheap, however I have never seen or even heard of a neon
sign shop outside of tesla coil sites. I looked in the phone book and found
nothing? Do I live in some abnormal area or are they not so common?

11) I had more...but I didn't write them down at the time, I will post others
later, this is all I can think of right now.

I do realize that some of these questions are not very scientific, but they are
related to Tesla Coils. I apprcieate any answers you have, regardless of your
experience.