RE: Coil Frustration - Clarify

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hello CJ,

I still calculate a primary resonant frequency of 289 KHz, and a Secondary
frequency of 109 KHz for you coil.  Your secondary can be used but, for
example, I am using a 12/60 NST with a 8.5 inch (nominal) secondary, giving
(so far) 31 inch arcs with a primary of 27 turns tapped at 22 and 1/4.

0.01uF is around the size for an LTR cap for your single OBIT.

Look at the Tesla List archives for a discussion of secondary size.

Check out Terry's study of NST protection circuits.
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/MyPapers.htm

Also see John Freau's site for his efficiency theory.
http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Pete Komen

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

<snip>
Capacitors - 15 kv not 15000 kv (as stated) they are in series not parallel.
 <snip>
 RF Chokes <snip>

Primary Coil - the tubing is spaced at 3/4 inch, and it actually is 3/4 inch
thick.<snip>, but its somewhere in the 20 degree range (i think)

Secondary Coil - I got the pipe for free from the water district (irigation
pipe), and I thought that everyone said wider was better. (Would it be
better
to use a smaller diameter coil becuase of my miniscule power supply?)

Transformers - They were in parallel, however one of them shortcircuted or
something and now is internally arcing. (no longer works) So now my power
supply has been limited to 23 ma 10 kv.

<snip>