Coil Frustration

Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>

I am somewhat of an amateur builder. I have made 2 coils. 1) was horribly
pathetic and I won't even discuss it
however, the second was in my opinion a decent small coil.

Powersupply - 2x Ignition transformers 10 kv 23 ma (in parallel_
Spark gap - series 4 bolts total gap of about .5 inches
Capacitor - 2x .02 uf 1500 kv
Primary - 7 turns of 3/4 inch copper refrigerator tubing (rising pancake form)
Secondary - 26 inches high 9 inch diameter wound with 22 gauge wire
Toriod - Ventilation Duct (didn't work at all) just went with a copper
terminal.
2 RF Chokes which were just pieces of pipe with about 200 turns of 22 gauge
wire on them.

With this system running, I would get a faint (really really faint) corona
around the terminal, and if I put a grounded wire near it, maybe a 4 inch arc.

I have seen other coilers pages and pictures and some people have built coils
very similar to mine, but with much much better results, please tell me what I
am doing wrong!

Here's a link to some pictures of my coil.
I have made some modifications (but don't have pictures) This is my first spark
gap, not the one I use now. Don't think the transformers are hooked up
correctly.
Just for a general idea.
<http://members.home-dot-net/fredmoore/>http://members.home-dot-net/fredmoore/