From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 5:32 PM
Subject: Low-voltage NST

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I obtained recently a NST rated 5000 V x 30 mA. It has two high-voltage
terminals with ceramic insulators, two input terminals for 115 V,
and no ground connection at the case or anywhere. It produces a
hot spark between wires attached to the terminals, with about 4 mm
of length, and can power a Jacob's ladder that extends the spark
to about 3 cm. Works best if I start with a distance where sparks
can't jump, and start a spark with an insulated screwdriver.

I imagine that without a ground connection I can operate it with
one of the output terminals grounded. Do someone have experience
with similar NSTs?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz