Re: SRSG break rate

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Richie,

Thanks for providing one of the clearest, yet concise, explanations I've
ever seen for this rather complex process! Nice job - this post is a
keeper!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

> <<< Terry,  I posted this last week but it doesn't seem to have
>     surfaced yet.    If this copy goes missing also,  I'll know
>     you've axed it ;-)     >>>
>
> Hi Malcolm, Chuck, Steve, all,
>
> There have been several posts discussing resonant charging and
> different types of rotary gaps recently.  Here's my thoughts...
>
> I almost totally agree with Malcolm's explanation of resonant
> charging ;-)  The only difference is that I think the ballast
> is not so much "charged" by the shorting action of the spark gap,
> (this event is fairly brief and does not contribute much to
> stored energy in the ballast.)  Instead  I believe that the
> ballast is mostly charged as current flows through it to reach
> the tank capacitor.

<SNIP>