Metal Rotor = Isolated Motor?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Dear List,

After corresponding a bit with Jason Johnson regarding
his MOT coil with RSG, I have a question:  If one uses
a metal rotor on an RSG, is isolation of the motor (or
the rotor) required?  I'm asking because I assumed
isolation was neccessary, but Jason tells me his RSG
motor isn't isolated. Why doesn't the 4KVAC instantly
fry his RSG motor?

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg